Software Engineer (Frontend/ReactJS)
RemoteNetherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamProduct Delivery
For this position we are focusing on finding candidates based in one of our Product & Engineering hubs in: Amsterdam, Pristina (Kosovo) and Lisbon – but we'll consider exceptional candidates in the ~CET timezone
If you’re feeling disillusioned with your current job as a software engineer, Returnista could be the environment where you thrive:
- Returnista is an e-commerce scale-up redefining the way we return our online purchases by building intuitive, friendly and smart returns solutions for more than 1000 merchants across 28 countries. Joining Returnista is an amazing opportunity to join an early stage product-led startup as we enter a hyper-growth phase.
- We work with modern software engineering methods such as Extreme Programming (XP) to focus on the content and the quality of our work over the processes. We aim to create an environment that takes good engineers to the next level where they are are proud and motivated by their work.
If the following statements appeal to you, maybe we're a match...
What you will do:
- You won’t just code – you’ll create and maintain an amazing product
- You wont’t build features – you’ll solve problems
- You won’t burn points – you’ll delight our users
- You won't be stuck in a feature factory – you'll continue to learn and grow as an engineer
What we do:
- We do, do TDD and other XP practices.
- We focus on the problem today, not tomorrow.
- We take pride in delivering quality.
- We work together and support each other.
- We work in small, frequent steps, continually getting feedback.
- We don’t constrain ourselves by convention.
What we don't do:
- We don’t use Jira, we use digital whiteboards.
- We don’t do scrum or estimate story points or do sprints.
- We don’t build features, we deliver capabilities.
- We don’t do Gitflow, we do Trunk-based-development and CI/CD.
At Returnista, you will work closely with Product Managers, designers and other engineers to develop and evolve our product to fulfill our goals as a company. In doing this, you will practice techniques such as Example Mapping, TDD, CI/CD to name a few.
If you have the right drive, but don't necessarily tick all the boxes, we would still love to talk to you, so please apply. In your application, please provide a cover letter explaining why the role appeals to you.
- You have a degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with UI testing tools such as Selenium, Cypress or Testcafe.
- We’re looking for not just great coders, but great software engineers who are focused on delivering great products and inspiring those around them to do so too.
- Strong understanding and/or desire to do BDD & TDD, CI/CD, pair programming, preferably in a SaaS environment
- You are a continual learner and stay up to date with new technology, techniques and ideas.
- You are fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Join a fast growing scale-up company
- Work in a positive, supportive and non-toxic environment
- Hybrid working opportunities at our Pristina engineering hub
- Apple Gear: Macbook M1
- €2k annual training budgetAnnual travel budget to spend time with colleagues in other locations